Gateway Partners, LLC is the Master Developer team responsible for the development of the Gateway. The team is comprised of some of Chicago’s most successful real estate developers; all of who have more than four decades of successful real estate development experience and have created in excess of $7 billion in value. The team is comprised of:
- East Lake Management & Development Corp
- Higgins Real Estate Group
- Thomas Samuels Enterprises
Gateway Partners has deep, hands on, experience developing and constructing notable complex projects in the City of Chicago, across the country and in Canada, including:
- Hyatt Center, Chicago, IL
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Headquarters, Chicago, IL
- 101 E. Erie/FCB, Chicago, IL
- FBI Regional Headquarters, Chicago, IL
- Museum of Science and Industry Visitors Center, Chicago, IL
- Police Headquarters, Chicago, IL
- John Marshall Law School Student Commons and Community Legal Clinics, Chicago, IL
- Sinai Congregation, Chicago, IL
- Rockwell Gardens/West End, Chicago, IL
- Roosevelt Place, Chicago, IL
- Ashland/Roosevelt Shopping Center, Chicago, IL
- Yahoo Corporation Headquarters, Sunnyvale, CA
- University Center Hotel, Conference Center, and Office Complex, Cinncinati, OH
- NIH National Neuroscience Research Center, Bethesda, MD
- NIH/NIAID Integrated Research Facility, Hamilton, MT
- GSA Detroit Computing Center, Detroit, MI
- And numerous other projects throughout North America
East Lake Management & Development Corp.
East Lake is a full service real estate company with more than 30 years of experience in property and asset management, and real estate development. East Lake is a 100% minority-owned business with 600+ employees and currently manages more than 13,000 residential housing units as well as thousands of square feet of commercial, office and retail space and several government facilities. East Lake is also a member of larger management teams providing facility services for Soldier Field, Midway Airport Concessions, and the Cook County Headquarters building.
Higgins Real Estate Group
Founded in 1980, the Higgins Real Estate Group (formerly) Higgins Development Partners is a national real estate development company that delivers comprehensive real estate development services to a wide range of corporate, institutional and public sector clients throughout North America. The firm is headquartered in Chicago and has completed projects throughout the United States and Canada. HRE’s core business is providing real estate services for build-to-suit and speculative developments for public, institutional, and private sector clients on a fee basis and for the company’s affiliated real estate limited liability companies.
HREG has created more than $5 billion in development value since the company’s inception. The company has significant demonstrated experience in successfully completing large-scale land developments, large office and office/research campus developments, and highly technical projects. The company has completed a number of mixed-use developments including office, retail, residential, student housing, data centers, hotel conference/training centers and parking facilities.
Thomas Samuels Enterprises
Thomas Samuels Enterprises, headquartered in Chicago, was established in 2007. TSE was founded to provide comprehensive Development Management, Program Management, Owner’s Representation, and Strategic Planning Services primarily in the institutional, public/private partnership and public sectors. TSE pursues opportunistic real estate development opportunities and invests in real estate ventures on behalf of TSE, its principals, and affiliated single purpose real estate ownership entities. Thomas Samuels has played a leadership role in creating $3 billion dollars in real estate value over the last three decades.
As a third party fee developer, real estate advisor and consultant TSE assists institutional and public sector organizations, private sector companies, and public/private partnerships achieve their real estate development and asset management objectives. Services provided by TSE include: strategic planning, feasibility assessments, team building, project structuring, development management, design management, construction management, and project implementation services.
Thomas Samuels has collaborated with Jack Higgins and the Higgins Development Group since 1980 conceptualizing, designing and developing complex buildings and mixed-use projects.