THE GATEWAY is an innovative 10 acre mixed-use town center development that will bring a range of amenities and facilities to the Illinois Medical District and Chicago’s greater West Side.
About The Gateway
- Nine projects accommodating 1,260,000 SF of mixed-use real estate around an urban designed 2.6 acre public space consisting of gardens, parks, water feature and pedestrian outdoor friendly seating.
- Located at the intersection of Damen and Harrison in the Illinois Medical District, one of the largest medical districts in the country (www.imdc.org). See below for more information on the Illinois Medical District.
- Organized to promote a 24/7, work/live environment.
- Positioned at the center of the rapidly growing near West Side of Chicago that has seen billions of dollars of investment in recent years.
- Over the next 3-5 years the complex will consist of over $500 million in real estate value.
- Extensive transportation options – 600 feet from the CTA Blue Line Damen/Ogden Station and 4 blocks from the CTA Pink Line Stations, immediate access to the Eisenhower Expressway and served by numerous CTA bus routes.
- Less than three miles to the center of downtown Chicago.
- Walking distance to Rush University Medical Center, Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System, John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Malcolm X Junior College and the United Center.
Food and service oriented retail establishment adjacent to the public amenity space and outdoor seating.
240 room dual brand Hilton Hotel
136 room Hampton Inn
104 room Homewood Suite
Conference/meeting space, pool, rooftop bar and event space
Young Professional Housing
Mix of efficiency, one and two bedroom smaller residential units with shared amenity spaces.
Commercial Office / MOB / Life Sciences
Three development parcels containing up to 550,000 SF.
800 car parking structure
Surface parking throughout the site
ILLINOIS MEDICAL DISTRICT
The Illinois Medical District (IMD) is a 365/24/7 environment that includes 560 acres of medical research facilities, labs, a biotech business incubator, two universities, raw development area and more than 40 healthcare related facilities. The IMD has the most diverse patient population in the country, is conveniently located less than two miles from the “loop” and is anchored by four major hospitals.
– Consists of 560 acres
– Houses 1,900 hospital beds
– Has 29,230 employees
– Receives 50,000 visitors daily
– Has more than 9,000 health sciences students
– Is one of the largest urban medical districts in the U.S.
– Has one of the nation’s most diverse patient populations
– Is the State of Illinois’ largest biotechnology/medical complex
– Is an economic engine for statewide biotechnology
– Provides incubation for approximately 30 emerging technology-based companies
|The IMD Annually Generates:
– $3.4 billion in economic activity
– $3.1 billion in direct and indirect employment compensation
– $2.3 billion in goods and services
– $392 million in university research and development annually
– $100 million to State of Illinois and Cook County taxes